Because we know they are part of your family - Take advantage of our pet service!
Pets in the passenger cabin /PETC/
- Maximum weight of the animal and the cage - up to 8 kg* ;
- Maximum dimensions of the cage – 48 x 35 x 22 cm;
The pet is not included in the free baggage allowance, and is charged separately : €70 per direction on international flights and €50 per direction on domestic flights. For the following destinations Lisbon, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, Tel Aviv*, Moscow, St.Petersburg, Amsterdam, Paris,Madrid and Barcelona, the fee is €80 each way.
When requested and paid for at the airport, the price of the service is 90 EUR for international flights and 60 EUR for domestic flights.
Passengers wishing to travel with a pet (dog or cat) must follow the instructions for pets transportation in advance and comply with all conditions of Regulation 576/2013.
The service is only available for direct flights operated by the airline.
Pets in the hold /AVIH/
- No limitation in the weight of the animal;
- Maximum dimensions of the container – 110 x 65 x 70 cm;
- The pet is not included in the free baggage allowance, and the following fees apply:
- At the weight of the animal and container up to 25 kg - EUR 100 per direction;
For the following destinations Lisbon, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, Tel Aviv*, Moscow, St. Petersburg, Amsterdam, Paris,Madrid and Barcelona, the fee is €110 each way.
€70 return on domestic flights.
- At the weight of the animal and container over 25 kg - EUR 140 per direction.
For the following destinations Lisbon, Malaga, Palma de Mallorca, Tel Aviv*, Moscow, St. Petersburg,Amsterdam, Paris,Madrid and Barcelona, the fee is 150 euros per direction.
€90 return on domestic flights.
The service should be requested and paid for in advance. Otherwise, it would be denied at the airport.
Animals weighing over 25kg together with the container are not accepted for carriage to/from Brussels.
Conditions of carriage of live animals in the aircraft hold /AVIH/
- The transport container must be large enough for the animal to stand in its natural position, to turn around and to lie down;
- The transport container must be designed to be leakproof, e.g. lined with absorbent material such as blankets;
- Тhe container must be escape proof. We recommend sturdy plastic or wood containers made from harmless and non-toxic material. Wire-mesh cages are not allowed;
- To prevent the animal from injuring itself, the interior of the container must not have any sharp corners, edges or nails;
- Transport containers must have ventilation holes on at all four sides.
- Pets transportation (both PETC and AVIH) is subject to compulsory confirmation from the Airline. For confirmation please contact our Customer Service Centre at +35924020400 or by email email@example.com;
- Only dogs and cats are accepted for transport;
- Bulgaria Air does not accept animals to and from Great Britain;
- Fighting and dangerous breeds are accepted for carriage only as cargo (example: American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, Bull Terrier, American Bulldog, Dogo Argentino, Karabash (Kangal), Anatolian Shepherd Dog, Caucasian Ovcharka (Caucasian Shepherd Dog), Rottweiler, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Doberman, Cane Corso, etc.).
Passengers willing to travel with a pet (a dog or a cat) must read the following instructions in advance and comply with all conditions of Regulation 576/2013.
Pets may be transported under the following conditions:
- Their transportation is not for commercial purposes
- Be at least 3 months old
- Be marked
- Have a vaccine against rabies
- During the check-in, the pet's documents will be thoroughly checked.
** Animals weighing over 32kg together with the container are not accepted for carriage to/from Brussels.
The passport must be on the prescribed form with all the necessary data:
- Chip or tattoo number
- Place of placement (in the body of the animal)
- Date of chip placement
- Type, breed, sex
- Date of birth
- Owner details
- Data on rabies vaccine
- Date of blood test for rabies antibodies
The regulation 576/2013 is obligatory on all EU member states.