What is Online check-in?
Online Check-in is a fast and convenient way to register for your flight and personally select your seat on board via internet. Check-in for your flight at a time and place of your convenience, avoiding waiting time at the airport. Print your Board Pass and be at the airport not later than 40 min. prior to departure (if travelling without baggage).
This service is part of the strategy of Bulgaria Air to offer high quality service for the comfort of our passengers.
If you want to do an Online check-in, please click here.
From which airports does Bulgaria Air offer Online check-in?
For the time being the service is available for flights operated by Bulgaria Air from the following airports: Sofia, Varna, Bourgas, London (Heathrow and Gatwick), Zurich, Rome, Milan (Malpensa and Linate), Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, Vienna, Brussels, Tel Aviv, Larnaca and Athens.
When can I check-in online?
Your flight should be open for online check-in 24 hours before take-off and should be closed 2 hours before the scheduled take-off.
Who cannot check-in online?
- All passengers who have requested in their booking need for assistance at take-off and landing and who use wheelchairs;
- Minors from 5 to 12 years of age travelling alone without escort;
- Passengers carrying arms and ammunition;
- Groups of more than 9 persons;
- Passengers with pets (in the cabin or in the baggage hold of the aircraft);
- Passengers with additional seat for carriage of big musical instruments.
Is it possible to check online with baggage?
- The service is available to passengers with or without baggage.
- In the case of travel with baggage it must be delivered for labelling and registration at the business class counter (Drop off) at the relevant airport. You may do this not later than 1 hour prior to the scheduled take-off of the aircraft. If you travel with cabin baggage only or without baggage you should go directly to border control and the gate for boarding the aircraft, not later than 30 minutes before the scheduled take-off of the flight.
Should I present documents for checking?
If you travel to a country with visa requirements, upon arrival at the airport you must go to the Drop off counter for documents and visa checking before border control.
Why can’t I print my boarding pass?
If you missed the ‘Print’ button, you must go back to ‘Identification’ using the ‘Select change’ and ‘Print again’ buttons consecutively, and you will get your boarding pass. If you don’t want to print your boarding pass upon check-in you can print it any time but not later than 2 hours before the flight, following the same steps for check-in. If you have no access to printer you may get your boarding pass at the airport at the Business class counter (Drop off).
Why can’t I print the boarding pass for the second flight of my trip?
In the case of a second flight with any of our partners the boarding pass for that flight can be obtained at the airport at the Business class counter (Drop off).
Can I change my seat after online check-in?
After online check-in any change of seat is only possible at the airport at the Business class counter (Drop off) before your flight.
What should you do if you checked-in online, but you are not going to travel?
At what time before the flight should I go to the airport?
You need to plan sufficient time for security and safety inspection at the border control checkpoint, so that you can turn up at the boarding gate not later than 30 minutes before the time of scheduled take-off.
How many passengers may be checked-in online together?
The Online check-in service is available for groups of not more than 9 persons.
What should I do if I lose my boarding pass?
You may print your boarding pass again or get a new one at the Business class counter (Drop off) at the airport.
Is it possible to check-in online when travelling with a baby?
Yes, it is possible. If the selected seats are not suitable for travelling with a baby, they can be changed at the Business class counter (Drop off) at the airport.
Can I check-in online at the time of booking?
This is not possible. The online check-in is available 24 hours before take-off and should be closed 2 hours before the scheduled take-off.
Is this service available for flights that are not operated by Bulgaria Air?
No, it is not.
For further questions about the online check-in service you may contact the Customers Service Centre of Bulgaria Air: Tel.: +359 2 40 20 400 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Working hours: daily from 08:00 hrs to 22:00 hrs.
Upgrade to business class
Chose a trip in business class with our Upgrade service.
The Upgrade service on all flights operated by Bulgaria Air is valid from 24 to 40 minutes before scheduled departure and is subject to availability.
The Upgrade fee is:
- 50 EUR in direction for domestic flights;
- 100 EUR in direction for all international flights;
What are the benefits of the business class through the Upgrade service?
By choosing it, you get:
- priority check-in and boarding in the airplane;
- an additional 1 piece of checked-in baggage up to 23kg;
- access to airport business lounges;
- comfort and convenience;
- business class catering *;
- if you are a member of our frequent flyer program FLY MORE, you earn more points.
* If the service was purchased at airport just before flight, business class catering is not guaranteed.
The service is only applicable to flights operated by Bulgaria Air. In case of connecting flight must check and comply other carrier`s baggage allowance as well.
The service is not available for flight numbers FB 1000-1999.
Upgrade can be purchased: