With respect to the ongoing spread of COVID-19 virus and the consequences, affecting the passegners on Bulgaria Air flights.
Passengers who have not informed us of their decision to cancel their trip up to 24 hours before departure will be considered as no-show on the flight. Changes to tickets for no-show passengers will be made on the terms of the ticket purchased.
For passengers with cancelled from the airline flights
All passengers with cancelled flight who would like to postpone their trip will be able to take advantage of the listed options only if theyinform us of their decision, no later than 24 hours before departure, by contacting the ticket issuer.
Тhe airline offers:
- To keep the ticket with open dates for travel until the end of 2020, for any of the direct destinations of Bulgaria Air.
The client can also redeem the following bonuses for his ticket completely free of charge:
- Optional one of the additional services listed below valid only on flights operated by Bulgaria Air:
- 1 piece of checked-in baggage up to 23 kg
- Seat with more leg space
- PETC/AVIH or UMNR transportation
- In case the passenger would like to be accompanied by someone else, we guarantee that the second ticket will be issued at the same price, as the original ticket for the cancelled flight
- Optional - name change (assignment of the ticket to someone else)
The listed above bonuses are available only on flights operated by Bulgaria Air.
We at Bulgaria Air are always doing our utmost to make your trip comfortable and safe–from the moment of booking your reservation to your safe landing and to collecting your baggage at the airport. The aircraft we operate and the procedures for their technical maintenance are in compliance with the most stringent requirements of the European Union and Bulgaria’s Civil Aviation Administration, as well as of the international organizations, controlling the quality and safety of air travel – ICAO and IATA. This is also entirely true for the aviation companies – partners of Bulgaria Air, flights of which may be a part of your trip.
To make your flight real fun, we also need your cooperation for the following:
- If you have special requirements in regard to in-flight service, you are advised to check the terms on our website prior to booking a reservation, in order to make sure that we would be able to provide the services required.
- If you are planning to bring along a family pet it is advisable to check the terms in Your Luggage section. We recommend that you review prior to purchasing a ticket the General Conditions of Carriage and Your Luggage sections of Bulgaria Air’s website where the rules, according to which you and your baggage will be carried on our flights, are described.
- Before heading for the airport please make sure once again that you didn’t leave behind the most important documents: passport or identity card, visa documents, travel insurance etc.
- Arrive at the airport well in advance of the flight, to be able to check in and undergo all required checks comfortably. The minimum time for arrival for check-in varies for the different airports, but the standard time prior to showing up for check-in is at least 2 hours before departure time and no later than 45 minutes before the flight.
- Check in advance the dimensions of the cabin baggage allowed and the objects that may not be carried in it.
- If your ticket was issued for two flights of Bulgaria Air to your end destination or for a combination of a flight of Bulgaria Air and another partner aviation company, this would entitle you to certain benefits:
- during the airport check-in you will be registered for both flights;
- baggage check-in directly to the end destination;
- once your trip has started you will have no problems if you miss your connecting flight due to late arrival of the first leg. In such a case Bulgaria Air or the partner aviation company will be obliged to ensure at no cost your travel to your end destination, even if that would entail additional costs for it such as for re-routing with other aviation companies, hotel accommodation etc.
You may obtain detailed information on your rights and the air carrier’s limits of liability in the event of accident in compliance with the MONTREAL CONVENTION of 28 May 1999, implemented in Community practice by Regulation (EC) No 2027/97 (as amended by Regulation (EC) No 889/2002), by contacting our offices or the Information Centre of the aviation company.