IMPORTANT INFORMATION for travelers to the United Kingdom!
• From 1 October 2021 Bulgarian citizens (as well as EU, EEA and Swiss citizens) can travel to the United Kingdom UK ONLY with a valid PASSPORT.
• ID cards will not be accepted as a valid travel document to the UK and you will not be allowed to enter the UK with an ID card.
• If Bulgarian citizens do not have a passport and try to enter the UK with an ID card, they will be REFUSED to enter the country at the border and will be immediately returned to the country from which they arrived at their own expense.
• Only Bulgarian citizens who have received Settlement Status or Temporary Settlement Status, or those with a valid application for status in the process of processing (EU Settlement Scheme), as well as those whose rights are protected by Citizens' Rights Agreements will have the right to enter on the territory of Great Britain only with an ID card, at least until December 31, 2025. If you are traveling with an ID card due to the conditions listed above, please fill in the declaration here (attached declaration).
During check-in (check-in), Bulgarian citizens with residency status or temporary residency status must prove that they have one.
• We recommend ALL Bulgarian citizens not to travel with a valid PASSPORT. This will allow them to cross E-gates at border controls in the UK, which is the fastest and most effective method of crossing the border.
For more information, visit the UK government website: Visiting the UK as an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen - GOV.UK .
The Bulgaria Air team