For the travelling to UK.
As of December 7, 2021, new rules for entry into UK enter into force. All passengers over the age of 12, regardless of their vaccination status, need to present a negative Covid-19 test (PCR or antigen) up to two days before the travel to UK. The passengers who do not pass a negative Covid-19 test which meets the requirements, published by the British government, will not be allowed on board the aircraft.
Please visit the UK Government Website for the latest information.
Bulgaria is not on the ‘red list’!
The rules for entering UK from countries and territories that are not on the red list will depend on the vaccination status of the newcomers.
- Requirements for fully vaccinated arriving from other countries and territories, which are not on the red list, are required:
- a negative Covid-19 test (PCR, LAMP, Antigen test like LFD) made up to two days before the trip
- filled PLF (passenger locator form) within 48 hours before landing to UK.
- Purchased PCR test to be done by the end of the second day after arrival in UK. After taking the test, passengers must isolate themselves until a negative result is obtained. If the result is positive, they should isolate themselves for another 10 days.
• Fully vaccinated persons must be vaccinated according to an approved vaccination program in the UK, Europe, USA, British Overseas Territories. You can get full information here
Passengers must have obtained a full course of vaccination with one of the following vaccines: Pfizer BioNTech, Oxford AstraZeneca (including Covishield), Moderna and Janssen (Johnson and Johnson), Sinovac, Sinopharm Beijing and Covaxin, as also at least 14 days shall have passed since the last dose. The day of the last dose is counted as day 0.
- They should prove that are fully vaccinated with a digital or paper document, issued by a public health authority such as the EU DCC, NHS Covid Pass, US DCC.
- The vaccination document must contain:
-Full names of the vaccinated
-Date of birth
- Name of the vaccine and the producer
-Dates on which all doses of the vaccine were given
-The country where the vaccination was given and/or the issuer of the certificate
If the vaccination document does not contain any of the requirements, you should comply with the requirements for NOT vaccinated. Otherwise you will be denied boarding the aircraft.
The rules for fully vaccinated apply if passengers also fall into one of the following categories:
• Persons under 18; • Participants in approved Covid 19 vaccination testing programs in the UK and US.
All those who have not been vaccinated, or have been partially vaccinated, or do not fully meet the requirements for fully vaccinated must comply with the requirements for NOT vaccinated.
- Requirements for non-vaccinated arrivals from countries and territories not on the red list are required:
Before the trip:
- Negative test for Covid-19 (PCR, LAMP, antigenic test as LFD) made up to 2 days before the trip
- Completed PLF (passenger locator form) within 48 hours before arrival in England
We recommend that all citizens of the EU and the United Kingdom digitally upload their vaccination certificate to the PLF, which will enable them to receive "vaccination status confirmed". This way they will avoid checking the certificate at the check-in counters. Upon arrival in England:
- To observe a 10-day quarantine at home or at the address where you have indicated that you will stay; - Carry out pre-purchased tests for Covid-19 on or before day 2 and on or before day 8.
The 10-day quarantine can be terminated earlier if a test is performed according to the scheme Test to ReleaseCoronavirus (COVID-19)
If you have been in a UK Red List country in the last 10 days, you will only be allowed to enter the UK if you are a British or Irish citizen or a UK resident. Check the countries and territories on the UK Red List here
Bulgaria is not on the ‘red list’!
Each passenger is responsible for checking and meeting the travel requirements (visa and Covid-19 related) of the country which they are traveling to.
In case you do not meet the relevant requirements, boarding the aircraft and/or access to the respective country may be denied.
For information on the requirements in England, Northern Ireland, Wales and Scotland, check the following government websites:
Bulgaria air team